Throughout the course we will be working with local contractors and trainers to offer a mixture of certified training (chainsaw use/ brushcutter/ pesticide use) as well as uncertified work experience with local contractors/ land managers and on site with the project officer and other HPCLT representatives (fencing, dyking, footpath work and habitat/woodland management).
The following training will be covered by the course:
- Emergency Outdoor First Aid (BASP) (1 day)
- Risk Assessment and Site Safety (1 day)
- Lantra 2 Day Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting
- Lantra 2 day Brushcutters/Trimmers – Maintenance and Operation
- Lantra 2 Day Safe Application of Pesticides Using Handheld Equipment
- Lantra 2 Day Sit Astride ATV (Novice Operator)
- Introduction to Dry Stone Walling (2 days)
- Introduction to Woodland and Habitat Management (1 day)
- Tree planting aftercare and Maintenance (2 days)
- Introduction to footpath work (2 days)
- Fencing Building, repair and restoration (3 days)
- Habitat and Wildlife Monitoring (2 days)
» Download the Application Pack for full details.